Active in Republican politics for over a decade, Senator Chris Elliott has worked with numerous statewide and local political campaigns in Alabama. Chris served on the Executive Committee of the Baldwin County Republican Party, formerly as Vice Chairman for District 2, served on the Steering Committee of the Baldwin County Republican Party, the Executive Committee of the Alabama Republican Party, is a member and past Chairman of the Baldwin County Young Republicans, and is an associate member of both the Eastern Shore and South Baldwin Republican Women.
Chris and his family are members of St. James Episcopal Church of Fairhope where he served as an usher and served on the Church’s Vestry. Chris is an avid sailor and upland bird hunter.
Chris is now serving his first term representing Baldwin County in the Alabama Senate. He was born and raised in Mobile and Baldwin Counties. After graduating from St. Paul’s Episcopal School in Mobile, Chris received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Richmond in Virginia, majoring in political science and urban policy.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Chris worked for the Commonwealth of Virginia in the Emergency Management field and for Virginia Power focusing on Nuclear Security and Emergency Preparedness. He returned home to Baldwin County to raise his family where he is a small business owner who has started several successful small businesses.
Chris is an active member of the Alabama Senate, serving as Vice-Chairman of the Senate Government Affairs Committee and as a member of the Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee; the Tourism Committee; the Transportation & Energy Committee; the Banking & Insurance Committee; the Committee on Confirmations; the Education Policy Committee; the Joint Transportation Committee; the Oil and Gas Study Committee; the Legislative Oversight Committee for the Alabama Housing Finance Authority; the Advisory Board for the Alabama Department of Senior Services; and the Aerospace and Defense Caucus.
He formerly served as the Chairman of the Baldwin County Commission and the Chairman of the Eastern Shore Metropolitan Planning Organization, as well as on various national, statewide and countywide boards and committees. While Commissioner, Chris also served on the Board of Directors of Baldwin County United Way.
In 2015, he was recognized as one of the Mobile Area’s top 40 Under 40 young leaders by Mobile Bay Monthly Magazine, and, in 2018, he was recognized in the Yellowhammer Power & Influence 50: Who’s Next — an annual list of the 50 most powerful and influential players in Alabama politics, business and state government. He is a graduate of the Alabama Leadership Initiative and a member of the 30th Class of Leadership Alabama. In 2020, Chris was recognized as an Emerging Legislative Leader by the State Legislative Leaders Foundation and the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
Chris is dedicated to continuing to fight to ensure Baldwin County gets its fair share from Montgomery.
- Married for 12 years to Alainna Elliott
- 2 children, Haley Dae and Brooks
- Member of St. James Episcopal Church of Fairhope
- Graduate of the University of Richmond with a B.A. in Political Science and Urban Policy
- Served on the Board of Directors at Christ the King Early Childhood Development Center and SmartCoast
- President and Owner of The Elliott Companies, Inc.
- Member of NRA, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, and CCA
- Member of the Business Council of Alabama and the National Federation of Independent Business
- Served on the Executive Committee of the Baldwin County Republican Party as Vice Chairman for Commission District 2
- Served on the Steering Committee of the Baldwin County Republican Party
- Served on the Executive Committee of the Alabama Republican Party
- Associate member of both the Eastern Shore and South Baldwin Republican Women
- Baldwin County Commissioner since 2014